Platform: Xbox LIVE® Arcade, PlayStation® Network, PC
Number of Players: 1-2
Release Date: PC: December 20, 2011 PSN: April 10, 2012 XBLA: April 11, 2012
Rating: T for Teen
Based on the popular Sour Then Sweet® candy Sour Patch Kids®, World Gone Sour takes players on a journey from the perspective of a lost piece of candy finding its way to its ultimate destination – the human stomach. Gamers take on the role of a miniature Sour Patch Kid in a stylized human-sized world, guiding the hero through unique locations such as the sticky floors of a movie theatre and a concession stand counter. Joining forces with fellow lost Sour Patch Kids, players use a combination of jumps, twists and puzzle-solving to negotiate and overcome larger than life obstacles.
- SCRUMPTIOUS PUZZLES AND PLATFORMING-BASED GAMEPLAY: Players can rescue and guide stranded Sour Patch Kids that are found throughout the environment. These collected Sour Patch Kids will tag-along to provide a boost to health, powers, and abilities. In addition, they help solve puzzles, clear obstacles and, at times, sacrifice themselves for the greater good.
- SUPER-SIZED ENVIRONMENTS: Gamers take their tiny traveler through a wide variety of enormous human-sized environments, starting off at a movie theater and culminating at a spooky woodshed.
- UN-SAVORY ENEMIES: Players must defeat “real world” objects such as a toy doll, an angry hunk of chewing gum, and other confectionary creatures that put players in very sticky situations. These sinister creations have transformed into larger-than-life enemies that are ready to chew up anyone that crosses their path!
- DELICIOUS CO-OP GAMEPLAY: Explore and conquer the oversized world with a Sour Patch friend, through two-player local co-op play.
- SWEET CELEBRITY POWER: The game features the recently released “World Gone Sour (The Lost Kids)” track from Grammy award-winning hip-hop artist Method Man. Creed Bratton (“The Office”) lends his voice and personality to the game with cheeky narrations that provide snack-sized quip and tidbits throughout.
- BITE-SIZED ACCESSIBILITY: Priced at $4.99 for PSN/PC and 400 Microsoft Points for XBLA, the game is downloadable in minutes and easily gives players the opportunity to experience the fun and quirky journey into a World Gone Sour.